Monday, March 26, 2007

Gas tank and Axle Removal

Today we had a record high in the Twin Cities for March 26Th of 81 degrees! This meant I had to get outside..

First I removed the gas tank, filter and filler neck. A little special tool to get the fuel lines off was required.



Then I realized we have an issue with getting the wheels off. There's locks on each wheel and they didn't leave the key socket in the car... Ill have to get a bolt cutter this weekend and cut them off.


But I still unhooked the shocks, trailing arms and brackets to the frame to drop the assembly down. Once I have a second set of hands we can actually pull it out from under the car.




Once we pull that out, all that's needed is the front spindles and suspension components and I'm finished with the Mach 1 donor.

No comments: