Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bumpers, Roll Bar, Side Pipes test fit..

Today I started by going to the hardware store and getting urethane washers. I used these anywhere I had to mount the body to the chassis like on the sides and front. This way the washers wont dig into the paint over time.



Next I installed the rear bumper..



Then the front bumpers and not pictured the side bolts which we're fairly difficult to get on..



Next was the roll bar. This is a good example why things can take longer than expected. Something conceivably simple, pretty much consumed the whole night. Scott and I had to figure a way to mount this without damaging paint and it took a lot of finessing of the body and roll bar (and by finessing I mean brute force and swearing)..



But its on now. Finally we mounted the side pipes as we needed to wait for the body to make sure they could properly clear. This week I can take them to be chromed finally.


Hopefully more to come tomorrow night.

No comments: