Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Driveshaft, Clutch Cable, Intake, Power Steering hoses

Today I took the measurements of the driveshaft and brought the Mustang driveshaft to a driveline shop so they could shorten it. The entire driveshaft including the yoke will be just 19 inches long!
Next I cleaned up the engine by removing the unnecessary brackets that were still mounted.



Then I routed the power steering lines to the hydro-booster. We'll need a new power steering cooler because the old one was damaged with the radiator in the donor car.



I then began the intake setup by trimming the intake tube. Ill have to get some sort of elbow to connect to the MAF.



After this I connected the clutch cable so now the clutch and brake pedals are connected.


Finally I connected the accelerator pedal but a small piece on it broke so I had to remove it and tomorrow Ill get the metal piece welded and re-install it. Ill also be getting a EGR block off plate made by Chuck (the welder). A radiator will also need to be ordered and Ill have a few more small items to pick up tomorrow at the auto parts store.

No comments: