Friday, June 8, 2007

EGR Block-off, Driveshaft Insallation, Accelerator Cable

Today I started by getting rid of a stud that was too close to the steering shaft by cutting it off.



Next I installed the EGR block off plate we made



Then I got the driveshaft back from Catco. I've never seen a driveshaft that's this short..




On the left in this picture you can see a bracket hanging down from the frame. I assume its for an IRS setup but unfortunately it's about an inch away from the driveshaft. Over large bumps with two people in the car, I'm sure it will hit the driveshaft so I'll need to cut it off at some point..



Then I installed the accelerator cable from the engine to the pedal. Now the brakes, clutch and accelerator pedal are all functioning.



Now the car just needs to be wired up with the radiator in place and fluids filled so it can be drivable.

No comments: